$h!t You Didn’t Need to Know
Stolen fair & square from a blog I recently ran across – “The Other Side of Infidelity”.
Q: Kissed someone on your friends list? Which list, and kissed what or where?
Q: Been arrested? In Tacoma for drinking a beer in a city park.
Q: Held a snake? Caught garter snakes for fun as a kid.
Q: Been suspended from school? Nope
Q: Sang karaoke? Never have, never will.
Q: Done something you told yourself you wouldn’t do? I’m a parent – all those things my parents did/said that I said I would avoid? FAIL!!
Q: Laughed until you started crying? Yes, but not recently. Got to fix that.
Q: Caught a snowflake on your tongue? Being from/in upstate NY in the snowbelt? I’ve caught snowflakes in places the sun don’t shine.
Q: Kissed in the rain? Actually, no. Might have to fix that too.
Q: Sang in the shower? Daily. But not karaoke.
Q: Sat on a roof top? Many times. Did it as a kid to watch the local air show. We lived a mile south of the main runway, usually got a pretty good free show. Have also had the pleasure of re-doing several roofs and cleaning out my gutters. Not fun, but I did get to sit.
Q: Been pushed into a pool with all your clothes on? Never.
Q: Broken a bone? Two – fourth metacarpal on my left hand (football injury) and the last bone in the middle finger of my right hand (baseball injury) No big bones though.
Q: Shaved your head? No – it’s too damn big. People tell me I’d look really odd bald.
Q: Played a prank on someone? On occasion
Q: Shot a gun? Rifle, pistol, shotgun, bb-gun
Q: Donated Blood? I’m over 3 gallons. Have to wait till January though. Seems going to Mexico disqualifies you for a year.
1. You hung out with? My wife I guess. Golf partner before that.
2. You texted? My son.
3. You were in a car with? Gotta be the wife
4. Went to the movies with? Again – the wife
5. Person you went to shop with? OK, this is getting old
6. You talked on the phone? A client who can’t be named
7. Made you laugh? Bruce, my golf opponent Wednesday night who also happened to get a hole-in-one!! That was awesome.
8. You hugged? I said this was getting old, so I’m switching this one up to my mom.
IN THE LAST 48 HOURS HAVE YOU…
1. Sang? In the shower, but NOT karaoke.
2. Listened to music? certainly
3. Danced Crazy? I do not dance.
4. Cried? No. American Males do not cry. (BS – I know, but that’s how we’re brought up)
1.Who was your first prom (or homecoming) date? Jackie C. We still talk from time to time.
2. Who was your first roommate? Besides my brother? 5 other guys in Basic training
3. What alcoholic beverage did you drink when you got drunk the first time? Tango
4. What was your first job? Gofer in a mom-n-pop store
5. What was your first car? 1975 Buick Century
6. When did you go to your first funeral and viewing? That I clearly remember – my paternal grandfather’s in 1967
7. Who was your first grade teacher? Mrs. McMannis. That was a lifetime ago.
8. Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane? From NYC to Amsterdam, Netherlands. Go big or go home.
9. When you snuck out of your house for the first time? Didn’t. But I did take off from the tree house we were supposed to be sleeping in one night. Who knew my parents would make the ½ mile hike and check on us?
10. Who was your first best friend? Ken. We’re in the same bowling league after all these years
11. Who was your first Best Friend in high school? Still Ken
12. Where was your first sleepover? At my aunt & uncles when one of my brothers was born
13. Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day? Wife, therapist or boss. Depends.
14. Who’s wedding were you in the first time you were a Bridesmaid or groomsman? Wife’s best friend. Wife was the brides maid, I was an usher.
15. What is the first thing you did when you got up this morning? After peeing, I made coffee. Priorities people. Plus, pouring water in to the coffeemaker with a full bladder? Torture.
16. First time you tied your shoe laces? Wasn’t in kindergarten yet, but we lived in the house in the country, so I was maybe 4? It was summer time, for sure.
17. Are you Facebook friends with your first crush? Sadly no. I don’t think her husband would tolerate it well
18. Who was the first person you met from the blogosphere? Her blog is no longer active, but it was the little dynamo behind Serenaville. To answer the unasked question, no – we didn’t.
19. What was the first music album that you bought? Beach Boys 20/20, unless the 1975 New York All State Choir concert counts. Yes, I sung on (in?) that one.
20. Who was your first celebrity crush? First? Jeeze, I’ll have to cop to Eve Plumb. If you can remember who that is (NO GOOGLING!!) I will send you a fantabulous prize. I will also confess that she is (barely) older than me.
There. Wasn’t that a bunch of $h!t you didn’t need to know?