Stealing a Sunday
Went to see Lady Antebellum last (Sunday) night along with Thompson Square and Darius Rucker . For some reason I originally thought the show was on a Saturday. It’s unfortunate that it turned out to be on a Sunday because Saturday nights weather was better (the kids had lawn seats) and Sunday is a school night. The concert venue was 40 miles from home, there were at least 15,000 people there and traffic leaving was a zoo. Finally got home at 1am with a 6am wake up call coming. Ugh.
On the plus side? Great show. Highly recommended, and I’m not really a country fan.
Because of the late night, this is what I have for you on my lunch hour today:
1. Have you ever peed your pants as an adult?
I have a dangling participle, working zippers and abundant trees. I’d have to TRY to Pee my pants.
2. Who do you have a celebrity crush on now?
Oh man, this changes every few months. Lately? No one really.
3. Would you date someone you met online?
Been there, done that.
4. Do you wear underwear always?
5. Do you hate yourself at times?
What I’ve done? Sure, but hate my self as a person? No.
7. Do you like dirty movies?
If this means mainstream porn – I can take it or leave it. Usually leave it.
8. Could you believe Josha Ledet was voted off Idol?
Who got voted off what?
9. When was the last time that you bought a car?
10. Have you ever been camping?
Dozens of times
11. How many times a day do you go on facebook?
Too many. Damn Battleship Pirates.
12. What was the last movie you saw in a theater?
Alice in Wonderland? Snow White & the Huntsman is next provided it gets decent reviews.
13. Have you ever worried that you’d cut off a limb?
That I HAVE – no. That I could? Definitely. If you’re not aware of that when operating a chainsaw, you MIGHT take off a foot very easily.
14. Where did you get your last email from?
Client worried about his risk management. RM is a tough task.
15. Favorite website?
No clear cut winner.
16. Are you down with ghetto?
Oh sure – that and Ebonics.
17. Will the world end in fire or ice?
Ultimately it will end as it passes the event horizon of the nearest black hole. We should throw a party!
18. Do you believe in the afterlife?
As worm food, yes.
19. Would you be upset if facebook stopped working?
No – I might get more stuff done.
20. How did you start your blog? As a journal about quitting smoking.
This is day 2843 smoke free (see the top line on this page? That’s what it’s for. 7 years, 9 months, 12 days and counting)
21. Have you felt that life is like being on a roller coaster?
Always. Good thing I like ‘em!
22. Favorite year so far?
The last year has been pretty good.
23. Do you consider yourself religious?
Nope. I can’t buy faith in the face of scientific proof.
24. How do you dress to impress?
I dress for comfort in attire appropriate for the occasion. Every now & then that involves nothing at all!!
25. Have you ever been to Connecticut?
Three times- all family related trips.
26. Do you eat sushi?
I love sushi. I hate chopsticks.
27. Would you smoke pot providing there was no risk or driving involved?
Any time I smoked pot it felt like my IQ dropped about 40 points. My world shrinks and I tend to stay inside my head. Not a big fan of that any more.
28. What do you think of Idol Winner Phillip Phillips??
Who won what?
29. Do you believe that animals have souls?
No – but I do believe they have every right to live and not be pestered by us. Unless they’re deer that I’m hunting.
30. Who did you last talk to?
Share, if you dare. Co-worker, “Buddy”
31. What is one thing that always annoys you?
Anyone in front of me in a car not going the speed limit, not using their turn signals or braking for no reason at all. Like the idiots in front of me last night on the way home from the concert. Braking down to 35mph in a bend in the road when the speed limit is 55 and the cars in front of you just motored right along? Wish I had headlight mounted machine guns. Then when I passed the twit, they turn their high beams on. It was really annoying until I put them way behind me. To sum up – if you’re a bad driver, get off my road.
32. Do you believe in a higher being?
No – told you I’m not a big fan of pot anymore.
33. Have you ever fallen in love with a neighbor?
Love? No. Seriously lust after? Yup. Growing up the neighbor girls all had great bods.
34. Any plans for this weekend?
Re-wire all my outdoor stereo speakers, drain & clean the pond.
35. Would you like to rule your country, if you could?
Sure – if I could have absolute power for about a year. First thing to go would be PACS and those super PACS.
36. Do you like watching films about the nature of animals?
37. What’s the difference between lust and/or lust?
I’ll assume you meant love and lust. Lust is below the waist, love is above the shoulders.
38. Do you have a soul?
See religious beliefs and the afterlilfe. Or, NO.
39. One best friend or many good friends?
40. Do you believe in spontaneous combustion?
Spontaneous human combustion? No. Spontaneous combustion of hay & straw that’s been baled & put up too soon? Yes. Spontaneous combustion of horse/cow manure that’s been bulldozed into huge piles instead of widely scattered in a field? Absolutely. Ask how I know!! (It all goes back to bacteria, really!)
Back to work.