Hi and welcome to Wednesday Wickedness! We are like other memes in that we will ask you ten questions each and every Wednesday. But our little “twist” is that each week we will pick a famous person and pick ten of their quotes. Each of our questions will be based on the quotes. The quotes are in maroon. Questions are normal text, my answers are in Navy. Got it? Great! Let’s begin this week’s meme!
Today we picked Donald Trump. Here’s Wednesday Wickedness!
1. “A little more moderation would be good. Of course, my life hasn’t exactly been one of moderation.”
Do you live your life by moderation or extremes?
I moderate to an extreme. In more than one counseling session I have mentioned how I strive to never stray too far up or down emotionally – even pride myself on my ability to not get caught up in the latest ‘thing’. Except blogging, apparently.
2. “All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me – consciously or unconsciously. That’s to be expected.”
Have you ever thought someone was flirting with you in a work environment? What happened?
Oh yes. Everybody flirts with me unconsciously. That’s why I’m not the mogul of my own empire – too much flirting.
3. “As long as your going to be thinking anyway, think big.”
Have you ever “thought big” and you wound up crashing and burning?
This current project I’m on. Four times I thought I had the concept nailed. I am modifying concept 5 right now . . .
4. “Everything in life is luck.”
Do you believe in luck? If not, do you feel it all happens to us for a reason?
>You can make your own good breaks. There can be some luck involved, but it’s tough to beat good solid effort. If you think you got beat by someone with good luck, think about how much behind the scenes work went into their effort.
5. “Experience taught me a few things. One is to listen to your gut, no matter how good something sounds on paper. The second is that you’re generally better off sticking with what you know. And the third is that sometimes your best investments are the ones you don’t make.”
Have you ever benefited big time because you declined an offer, investment, job (Well you get the idea.)?
Besides turning down phone scammers that want to invest my 401k for me, not so much. Before risking anything, it’s a good idea to understand just how much value there is in what you currently have.
6. “I don’t make deals for the money. I’ve got enough, much more than I’ll ever need. I do it to do it.”
Tell us about someone that you know that has all the money they need.
Besides Trump? Elin Woods. Oh, you mean someone I know personally? I don’t live in that kind of neighborhood.
7. “I have made the tough decisions, always with an eye toward the bottom line. Perhaps it’s time America was run like a business.”
Do you think running your country like a business would be a good thing?
In some ways, yes. In other ways, not so much. If America were run like a business, I have a feeling some of the first things to go would be social benefits programs. That could turn some of our cities into American versions of the slums of Calcutta.
8. “I try to learn from the past, but I plan for the future by focusing exclusively on the present. That’s were the fun is.”
Do you live in the past in any way?
I try to dwell there only for the history lesson and not carry resentments for lost opportunities or past mistakes. This is always a work in progress.
9. “If you’re interested in ‘balancing’ work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable.”
How are you at balancing work and pleasure?
I’m lousy at it. Best advice I ever gave my kids? When it comes time to choose a career, pick something you love so much you’d do it for free. Makes getting paid for it that much sweeter.
10.“Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.”
Tell us about a time that you won the battle but lost the war.
Hmmm. Usually I’m all about losing a battle in the interests of keeping an eye on the big prize.
Thanks for checking out our Wednesday craziness. We hope you join us again. Please visit our other player’s posts and make a comment. Join us next week for our next meme!
Not a lot to add. Being a busy beaver at work, had a rather bland counseling session Tuesday. If counseling is getting a little bland, things must be going good, right?