Day late, coupla bucks short . . .
Welcome to Wednesday Wickedness! We are like other memes in that we will ask you ten questions each and every Wednesday. But our little “twist” is that each week we will pick a famous person and pick ten of their quotes. Each of our questions will be based on the quotes. The quotes are in bold. Got it? Great! Let’s begin this week’s meme!
Today we picked Stephen King.
1. “I tend to scare myself…”
When was the last time you scared yourself?
When I looked in the mirror Wednesday morning. Seriously, my hair was frightening!
2. “Time heals all wounds…”
What was the longest it took you to recover from an illness, injury or surgery?
From the Sunday before Labor Day 1999 until mid April 2000 to recover from a bout of cellulitis/debridment/granulation tissue growth & a skin graft on my right shin.
3. “Your first impulse is to share good news. Your second is to club someone over the head with it…”
What was the last good news you had to share?
Last month, son #2 (Eric) got engaged.
4. “When it comes to the past, we all stack the deck…”
Is there something in your past you speak highly of that was not so great while you were going through it?
5. “Do you drink? Of course! I just said I was a writer!..”
What do you need to drink to do?
Generally – modern dance. That free form nonsense that’s some blend of disco, the Mashed Potato and the Electric glide.
There is no amount of bourbon I can consume that will make me do the Macarena.
6. “If you liked being a teenager, then there’s something really wrong with you…”
What did you like about being a teenager?
7. “Nobody likes a clown at midnight…”
What do you like at midnight?
Something warm & cozy next to me under the covers.
8. “It is the tale, not he who told it…”
Who is your favorite teller of tales or jokes?
This is sad. I can’t recall anyone in my past as being particularly good at weaving a tale. My own family seems to specialize in serial one-liners. (That’s what she said!)
9. “The trust of the innocent is the liar’s most useful tool…”
Were you ever conned or fooled into a scam?
I had teenagers. I’m sure I’ve been duped at least once.
10. “If fear cannot be articulated, then it can’t be conquered…”
What do you fear?
Ooohh, ooohh, I know! This came up in session this week. Amongst other things (a healthy respect for great heights, clowns and pissed off grizzly bears), I have a fear of vulnerability.
(There. I said it.)
Just throwing this up real quick. Posted a couple of pictures from Charleston in a previous post today. Go ahead & look. Might add more later . . .