I added a 13th question. See if you can figure out what it is. (And if you know the answer, speak up!!)
1. What insect are you most afraid of? Feel free to post a picture.
I am blaming a spider for the hockey puck sized debridement that took place on my right shin in 1999. I’m not afraid of spiders (or insects in general) but I do have a healthy respect for the damage they can do.
2. What is the greenest/most organic thing about you or that you do?
I ride my bike to work as much as is practical. Could do more.
3. Tell me about a recurring dream that haunts you.
I dream that I’m a huge greyhound kind of dog and I’m racing across a desert – and liking it. When I finally stop, I’m at a place that looks like an empty used car lot – lots of those strings of banners & bare light bulbs, but no cars or people. I also very clearly remember the texture of the sand too . . .
4. Have you ever missed a flight? What were the circumstances?
I have never been late to the airport. Flying is too exciting, I’d have to be dead to be late.
5. What do you consider your best feature?
Physical – legs. Including the spider bite scar. Quite the conversation piece.
Personal – my wry, sardonic wit.
6. What was the last concert you went to?
Aug. 22, 2010 – REO Speedwagon & Pat Benatar.
7. Describe the most embarrassing church moment you ever experienced.
No doubt – cranky child, had to get up & leave in the middle of the sermon because he was raising such a ruckus.
8. Are you a whistler, hummer or singer?
Singer. Rarely do I sing the melody though. I like to do the ba-da-da-dum-dee-da’s to the bass line of the tune.
9. George Washington Carver said, “I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in.” What is God saying to you through nature today, or this very minute?
Be present NOW, be active NOW.
10. On September, 1, 1752, the Liberty Bell arrived in Philadelphia. What memorable event will take place in your life on September 1, 2010?
Yet another dog & pony show for work. Got to pitch another version of another project & make a case to get funding.
11. Taco Bell or the Liberty Bell? (You must choose.)
Give me Liberty before you give me Montezuma’s Revenge!
12. Do you believe men and women can have purely platonic friendships?
Tried that once. Failed miserably and almost tore my marriage apart. I think it’s possible, but each persons spouses need to be aware. Secrecy is not conducive to a solid relationship, says he who has learned first hand.
Counseling session Tuesday night. How is it that the therapist seems to be afraid of facing Cindy’s denial too? She says her attack method is to address some of the other issues at hand and see if that leads to a decrease in alcohol use. Every time we have one on one sessions I go in and tattle some more on where Cindy’s drinking level is. I basically offer evidence that the frequency and intensity are slowly increasing, in spite of our addressing other issues.
But then later last night, I had this thought. Why am I tying my definition of happiness, serenity or satisfaction to whether or not Cindy is drinking? Someplace in there the definition of compassionate detachment is screaming for recognition. I just gotta figure out how to get there.
Edited to add:
Here’s some news!
Yep. Eric & Kelly are now officially engaged as of about 11 this morning. I’m so excited I could squeal!