Random Dozen & Bachelorhood
I’m going to cheat a bit and post a few (7) hours early.
1. What is your favorite fair/carnival food?
Honestly don’t know. The prices are so outrageous, I usually don’t bother eating much at these things. If I have to declare something, it would be one of Rochester’s white hot dogs.
2. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
Why, yes I am. Letting go requires equal amounts of trust & faith. I am a little short in both categories.
3. What is your favorite gift to receive?
Time. It’s so versatile. I can share it, keep it for myself, even give it away to another.
4. When was the last time you tried something new?
Sunday I tried a Greek Patty Melt. Kind of out there for me. Ground lamb? A sort of hummus/pesto made with roasted red peppers & walnuts? A bit of a stretch, but totally worth it. I linked to the recipe in the previous post.
5. What is your favorite and least favorite book genre?
Memoir, Mystery, Political Intrigue, Romance, Humor, Historical Fiction, Historical nonfiction, Chick Lit, Self-Help, Other
Fave – Science Fiction
Least – I’d say bodice rippers, but I’ve never read one. So I’ll have to go with text books.
Oh. There was a list? From the list then:
Most fave – Mystery
Least Fave – Chick Lit (I even think the name is a little derogatory)
6. Silver or Gold?
Gold. Warmer color. Won’t tarnish.
7. What makes you sigh?
Mild exasperation or wishful thinking (on my part)
8. If you didn’t know how old you are, how old would you claim you are?
Based on my sense of humor? I’m a 9 year old male. Based on activity level, athletic ability and everyone around me, early 40’s. Honestly, people have given me funny looks when I tell them how old I am. I think that’s a good thing. (I can’t look like I’m 60, right?)
9. Would you break a law to save a loved one? To protect a loved one?
Depends. Maybe. If it’s for DUI or DWI? No. But if it’s for something where they’ve done no wrong, I’m there for them.
10. If you had to teach something, what would it be?
Early arithmetic skills to grammar school kids. The math skills I’ve seen in some kids is pathetic.
11. You’re having lunch with 3 people whom you respect and admire. They begin to criticize a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. What do you do?
Been there. I offered a defense based on what I knew and encouraged the other people to look a little deeper.
12. Which of the 5 Love Languages is your prominent means of experiencing love?
Acts of Service
Words of Affirmation
I actually know what this is! I’ve even read the book, or most of it. I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that my two primary love languages are Physical Touch and Acts of Service.
Cindy left for Delaware Tuesday afternoon so she could attend the funeral service for her aunt. Work demands make it impossible for me to miss two days of work, especially after a lengthy vacation. I’m a bachelor for one whole night and most of tomorrow. Whoopee! Once again, the hot tub is open (sorry, suits required, I have neighbors ya know) and I’m doing the cooking. I’m still craving a nice batch of jambalaya and you’re all invited.