Random Dozen is Back!!
1. When was the last time you laughed until you cried?
I know I’ve done it more recently than this, but this is the best one I remember – We were driving home from a family reunion in Kent Furnace, Ct. one summer. The kids, then about 13 & 14, were in the back of the wagon all absorbed in their Discmans or gameboys, listening to what ever was coming out of their ear buds. Out of nowhere, Eric lets rip with one very loud, very long, very clear fart. I started busting up on the spot. Poor Eric, sitting behind me, noticed my seat bouncing around from my laughing and yells (over his Gameboy ear buds), “WAS THAT LOUD?”
Damn near killed the whole family we were all laughing so hard. To this day, almost 12 years later, “Was that loud?” is an instant inside joke between the 4 of us.
2. If you found $10 today, what would you do with it?
Splurge for lunch. You coming along?
3. Do you volunteer anywhere?
Used to do the fire department thing. Then we moved and we have paid firefighters now.
4. What is your favorite summertime veggie or fruit, and how do you eat it?
Sweet corn, roasted on the grill
5. Is your social sphere (circle of friends) small, medium or large?
I have a small social circle. I really prefer having just a few really good friends rather than trying to remember what everyone and their brother is up to.
6. When was the last time you attended a family or school reunion? How did that go?
July 30 – Aug 1 2010. As always with this clan, we had a blast.
7. When you’re feeling blue, what is the best way someone can cheer you up?
Depends on the source of the blueness. Making the source go away is best. Reminding me that I can only control my own thoughts & actions an help some too.
8. Have you taken a vacation this summer?
After the family reunion mentioned above. I Acadia NP.
9. What is the most unnecessary item you carry with you all the time?
The AARP card in my wallet
10. What is the best summer flick you have seen so far?
I saw Alice in Wonderland last. Was that a summer flick?
11. Describe a perfect summer day.
Wake just after sun up, grab coffee & breakfast. Load up bikes & gear, head to Acadia and grab a parking spot by a carriage road access point. Bike off into the park, ride & enjoy the peace & tranquility. Eventually find the perfect spot, park the bikes and have a picnic lunch on the shore of an unspoiled lake with no sign of human greed in sight. Bike home in the afternoon; relax in the hot tub for a bit, shower and head out for dinner.
Oh, wait. That was last Friday.
12. Please a share a favorite photo from the summer so far!
This was a couple of random kids out on Wells Beach, Maine learning to surf on boogie boards. The boys were brothers, their dad was out in the water with them, the mom was sitting behind us on the beach. I LOVE the facial expression on the younger brother (on the right) watching his sibling get the timing down for a really good ride.