Another Wednesday Wickedness
Hi and welcome to Wednesday Wickedness. We are like other memes in that we will ask you ten questions each and every Wednesday. But our little “twist” is that each week we will pick a famous person and pick ten of their quotes. Each of our questions will be based on the quotes. Got it? Great! Let’s begin this week’s meme!
Today we picked Mick Jagger. Here’s Wednesday Wickedness
1. “A good thing never ends.” Have you ever had a good thing in your life that never ended?
Breathing, heartbeat, upper brain functions . . .
2. “I got nasty habits, I take tea at three.” Do you have any nasty habits?
Certainly not tea. I quit smoking 2166 days ago (5 years, 11 months and 1 week or so), gave up the two fisted drinking years ago too. My worst nasty habit is probably procrastination.
3. “I’d rather be dead than to be singing Satisfaction at 45.” He obviously changed his mind. What is something that you still do that you thought you’d outgrow
Participatory team sports like softball & volleyball. I still love to get on the field with the team and compete. Of course now I’m all about the over 50 leagues, but I can still hang with the kids (those in their 30’s & under) at a lot of things.
4. “Lose your dreams and lose your mind.” Have you lost any of your dreams as time went by?
Been close to losing my mind on a regular basis, without benefit of losing the dream.
5. “I haven’t had time to return to the scene because I never left it.” As you’ve grown older, what ways are you still act and think the way you did as when you were younger?
See participatory sports answer above.
6. “Patriotism is something that fades when the war starts.” How do you react to this quote?
There’s truth here. When the shit hits the fan and it’s time for YOU to pony up and serve your country, how willing are YOU to do it?
7. “The past is a great place and I don’t want to erase it or regret it, but I don’t want to be its prisoner either.” Is there a person in your life who still treats you as the same person to when your were younger? Do you like it?
Nah, all my grandparents are long gone . . .
8. “It’s all right letting yourself go, as long as you pull yourself back.” Have you let yourself go in any aspect of your life?
Let myself go from age 21 to about age 45. Spent the next 5 years pulling myself back, now have to work hard at keeping myself here.
9. “My mother has always been unhappy with what I do. She would rather I do something nicer, like being a brick layer.” How do you parents feel about what you do?
My mom is happier about what I do than I am about what she does.
10. “Anarchy is the only slight glimmer of hope.” How would you categorize your political point of view?
Socially liberal & business conservative. Unless I can’t be bothered to give a hoot. Sometimes politics seems like bad reality TV and I’d rather just stay away.
No time for anything. Monster of a presentation coming up this afternoon, then a design review tomorrow. Sitting in as an independent reviewer at another review. Then we got the hell outta Dodge for a little Vacay! I might have to skip spin tonight just to have time to get stuff done (like make that horseballs game!!!!!)