Non meme entry posted before this one . . .
Hi and welcome to Wednesday Wickedness. We are like other memes in that we will ask you ten questions each and every Wednesday. But our little “twist” is that each week we will pick a famous person and pick ten of their quotes. Each of our questions will be based on the quotes. Got it? Great! Let’s begin this week’s meme!
Today we picked Robert Pattinson. Here’s Wednesday Wickedness!!
1. “I don’t really see the point in washing your hair. If you don’t care if your hair’s clean or not then why would you wash it?” How often do you wash your hair?
Normally, at least daily. On gym days or bike riding days, sometimes twice daily. If I shower without shampooing, my hair tends to feel like straw.
2. “I take way too long to get dressed, like way too long. But only for things like shows or if I have to do public appearances. Like, I’m ridiculous, I’ll keep getting changed and getting changed and then I’ll just put on the same thing I wore the day before.” Do you take longer to dress for a special event?
Only because of the tie & jacket. Just more things to put on. They all fit the same, right?
3. “My dad’s a car dealer, but I grew up in London, so I always say I don’t drive…I get driven. I got a driving lesson in Oregon, and then I bought a car in L.A. and I basically learned how to drive by people honking at me. I’m terrible at driving.” Are you a good driver?
In spite of my recent speeding ticket (first since 1984), yes, I am an excellent driver. I also have never been in an accident, except for getting rear-ended in a 1975 Pinto once. (it didn’t blow up) I’m pretty courteous, know when & where to yield the right of way, and am very attentive. And efficient. And fast. Get the hell out of my way already.
4. “I don’t spend any money. The only thing I’ve really bought is my car, which cost $1,500 and keeps exploding. It would be nice to buy a house for my parents, but at the same time my parents are so comfortable where they live; they would probably just feel like it was a burden. I wear the same clothes every day and the only thing I used to splurge on was DVDs.” If you had his money, what would be the first thing you spent it on?
My early retirement fund.
5. “I aspire to be Jack Nicholson. I love every single mannerism. I used to try and be him in virtually everything I did, I don’t know why. I watched One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest when I was about 13, and I dressed like him. I tried to do his accent. I did everything like him. I think it’s kind of stuck with me.” Who is your favorite actor?
Many of the actors I though I liked seem to really play the same character no matter which film they are in. That was a disturbing discovery. That being said, I kinda like Phillip Seymor Hoffman. Besides being a local guy, he at least shows a range of characters.
6. “Someone stole my shoelaces once from my shoes. I still wear them and never put laces in them – they’re like my trademark shoes now!” Have you ever changed your appearance because of a random happenstance?
You mean like the time I went grocery shopping a couple weeks ago? When I got home & discovered my zipper had been down the whole time? I can’t believe I didn’t feel a draft in the freezer department. Bad sign.
7. “I never really considered myself attractive. I was always kind of gangly in school.” Do you consider yourself attractive?
8. “I definitely want to record an album, direct a film and start my own religion. I definitely wouldn’t have to pay taxes anymore.” If you started your own religion, what would it be like?
My religion wouldn’t rule by fear, might not be monotheistic and would teach tolerance towards all, not just those most like ourselves.
9. “I do bear some similarities in the sense that I’m not good at romance. I also think I lack basic finesse when it comes to women. I give up too easily even if I’m very attracted to someone.” Have you ever given up too easily in the game of love?
If anything, I think I may have committed too soon. Is that giving up? Maybe.
10. ” I don’t want to disappoint girls who might think I’m very cool and smooth, which I’m not, I’m afraid. I’m still quite shy, although that seems to be something of an attraction for women.” Are you, or have you ever been attracted to shy people?
I’m the shy person other people seem to delight in trying to draw out. Sometimes it’s spectacular (Ms. CL comes to mind), but usually I succeed in staying withdrawn.