Hi and welcome to Wednesday Wickedness. We are like other memes in that we will ask you ten questions each and every Wednesday. But our little “twist” is that each week we will pick a famous person and pick ten of their quotes. Each of our questions will be based on the quotes. Got it? Great! Let’s begin this week’s meme!
Today we picked Bruce Springsteen.
1. “When it comes to luck, you make your own.” Do you believe you have that type of control over your luck?
It’s aaaaalllll perspective. Is your glass half full?
2. “You’ve got to learn to live with what you can’t rise above.” What is something you have had difficulty rising above?
Procrastination. Not getting something done because I’m afraid I can’t do it perfectly.
3. “Poor men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, and a king ain’t satisfied till he rules everything.” Would you want to be rich?
Comforatble, yes. Rich? With money? Might be more trouble than it’s worth.
4. “The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with.” Tell us about a song that helps you “face the world.”
“Dreams I’ll Never See” by Molly Hatchet
5. “In America everything’s about who’s number one today.” Have you ever been a fan of someone you thought would last but turned out to be a flash in the pan?
I am slow to trust by nature. That keeps me from being much of a bandwagon hopper. Anything new really needs to show me some signs of durability before I sign on as a fan. In today’s disposable world, that makes me a bit of a skeptic.
6. “Is a dream a lie if it don’t come true, or is it something worse?” Has any dream of yours come true?
I’m married, have 2 kids, a house, a dog – I am living the American Dream. But we’re talking dream like the one I had Monday morning – heavens no!
7. “Our American government has strayed too far from American values. It is time to move forward. The country we carry in our hearts is waiting.” What would you change if you became the president?
Stop legislating common sense. If people want to do dumb shit and hurt or kill themselves, lets get them out of the gene pool. I’d also clamp down on some of the frivolous lawsuits and put realistic limits on what people can sue or be sue for. Would that be legislating a way for people to take responsibility for their own actions? If so – I’m all about that.
8. “Yeah, I had gay friends. The first thing I realized was that everybody’s different, and it becomes obvious that all of the gay stereotypes are ridiculous.” How do you feel about gay rights?
We’re all just people trying to get along. If gay folks want to marry, let them. But they have to follow the same rules as married hetero folks, including taxes, separation, divorce – the whole 9 yards.
9. ” It’s a sad man my friend who’s living in his own skin and can’t stand the company.” Have you ever been disappointed in yourself?
Frequently. The trick is to recognize the fault and do something to correct it.
10. “The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with.” What’s your favorite type of music? What’s your favorite band?
By choice, I listen to mostly classic rock from the 70’s & 80’s and anything recent that perpetuates that sound & feeling. Mostly. I can enjoy almost anything, but that rap crap, disco, hip hop, anything that makes the 10 – 18 year old female demographic want to scream with excitement I can really do without. Favorite band – not a fair question. I like bands ranging from AC/DC to ZZ Top and a whole lotta stuff in between.
Thanks for checking out our Wednesday craziness. We hope you join us again. Please visit our other player’s posts and make a comment. Join us next week for our next meme!
Getting back to that comment about the pre-teen and teen girls screaming with excitement. The church that borders my back yard had their annual end of the school year family picnic this Sunday. They grill hots, do a dish to pass BBQ lunch deal and have games for everybody to play for the afternoon. This year they had a bounce house for the kids too. I really didn’t mind the whole extravaganza with one exception – the girls and their squeals of glee, excitement, fright, boredom, what ever. What IS it that make them scream like that? I have never understood the phenomenon.
Had counseling Tuesday night. Rather frustrating. Seems like we’re stalling again. We’ll make progress in some areas but overall – there’s the same old stuff lurking beneath. Feel like my best move is to sit back and wait for the inevitable crash & burn. Is this procrastination or patience?