Today we picked Frank Sinatra. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!
1. “I feel sorry for people who don’t drink. When they wake up in the morning, that’s as good as they’re going to feel all day.” How often do you drink alcohol? Once, to show support for Cindy, I offered to completely abstain from drinking. She told me it wasn’t necessary. Now, unless there’s a special occasion, I probably have less than 3 beers a week. I do like to spoil myself and get good beer though.
2. “The best revenge is massive success. ” Have you ever gloated or wanted to over success? I’m sure I’ve a tleast basked in the glow of an “I told you so” moment. I have also enjoyed some successes. But I think my folks did a decent job of teaching my brothers & I to win and lose graciously.
3. “You gotta love livin’, baby, ’cause dyin’ is a pain in the [butt]. ” What do enjoy most about your life? Today, not so much. In general, I REALLY enjoy living in America.
4. “I’m not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I’m not looking for the secret to life…. I just go on from day to day, taking what comes. ” Do you ever overthink a situation in your life? I can analyze some things to death. I want to know everything that can happen and have contingency plans in place for every possibility. Other times, I can fly by the seat of my pants and love every second of it. Gotta figure out what the connections are.
5. “I would like to be remembered as a man who had a wonderful time living life, a man who had good friends, fine family – and I don’t think I could ask for anything more than that, actually. ” Tell us about your best friend. 5’2”, blond, known each other for 33 years.
6. “I like intelligent women. When you go out, it shouldn’t be a staring contest. ” How important is intelligence when picking (or having picked) a s/o to you? Idealogical differences can be overcome – even enjoyed. But if you and your s.o. aren’t on an even playing field IQ wise, things are going to get out of balance.
7. “I drink to the confusion of our enemies. ” What’s the closest situation that you’ve had to dealing with an enemy? Personally, I have no enemies. I really don’t have to deal with any of our countries enemies. I have had to interface with some of our corporate competitors in private/personal situations. We agreed to stay away from work dialogs.
8. “Orange is the happiest color. ” What’s your favorite color? I’m into various shades of red.
9. “Dare to wear the foolish clown face. ” Are you ever a clown? That can be my best and worst trait. Always have the funny one-liner on tap, even when it’s inappropriate.
10. “Don’t get even, get mad. ” Have you ever tried getting even? If I react without thinking, yes, I will try to exact my revenge. If I stop and think, I can usually talk myself out of needing to get even.
Well that was different. Interesting questions.
Session tonight – back to the same old shit. I find myself trying to do things to change me, improve myself. Cindy tries to deflect – make sure the attention is on my faults & shortcomings. By doing that, she doesn’t have to face up to her own.
I shared my discovery of Cindy’s hidden stash with Janine (but not with Cindy). That freed Janine of trying to believe that Cindy was perhaps just a short term abuser of alcohol instead of a pure alcoholic. Personally, I don’t see the difference. Technically I think it has to do with the physical addiction. To me, if the addiction is psychological or physical, there is really no difference, you’re still drunk at all the wrong times.
It’s back to boundary settings and working on me. Time to set some new goals.