Random Dozen Again
This weeks randomosity:
1. Would you rather host party or simply attend a party?
I like hosting actually. It makes it easier to feel connected to everyone there rather than be a “hanger on”.
2. Tell us about the most memorable party you’ve been to.
It would have to be Zach & Jills wedding last year. The whole weekend was a blast. Didn’t host that one, but being a parent of the dignitaries, one is granted free VIP pass. That or the tux made all the difference.
3. What is one thing you hope for in the after-life?
Answers to all my questions. If not answers, at least understanding.
4. What do you enjoy most about sunshine?
Free Vitamin D
5. When you attend a bridal/baby shower, do you prefer to bring your own gift or chip in with others to buy a larger gift?
When guys go to bachelor parties, there really are no gifts given, except for a prank gift or three. It’s really all about the euchre, poker, sharing a few (dozen) beers and giving the groom-to-be a great last party as a free man.
6. Would you rather have a FREE week of having your house cleaned or all of your meals cooked for you and your family?
Free cleaning. Boy, do I have some projects for the cleaner!
7. What song describes your mood today?
Dazed & Confused. Crazy Train. Welcome to the Jungle. Pick one. Work is being a cast iron S.O.B. right now. Well, a particular problem, not the environment.
8. What is something you received for your own bridal shower/wedding that you still own or use? (If you are not married, feel free to sub a gift you received a long time ago.)
We were given a watercolor painting that we still proudly display. We were also gifted an oil painting of a picture I took that’s set in an antique frame.
Older than those – I have a moustache trimming kit my then 13 year old brother gave me that I still use weekly. I reminded him of the gift recently and he had no idea what I was talking about.
9. Your favorite flavor of ice cream is?
Perry’s “Perfectly Churned” (1/2 the fat) Panda Paws.
10. When was the last time you felt “tested?”
This morning at work. There was a definite evaluation happening.
11. “[Corn chips & salsa] is a food that once I start eating I find really hard to stop.”
12. “Desperation” is the best motivation.
Convention came & went. Didn’t turn out like I expected. Had a minor disappointment, but it will turn out fine in the end. Considering I was heading into the wilds of New York’s southerntier, there was a strong possibility I would run out of FM radio range. Friday night I loaded up the Crackberry with gobs of music from the home PC. Ended up with quite the mix of genre’s. Had Classic rock (of course) and a little blue grass, zydeco, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Mambo Kings, even a country song or – no, it was just the one. The Bluetooth link from truck to phone is suhweet! Only drawback is that the trucks radio display doesn’t show song info, have to look at the crackberry for that. Still, had a nice 2.5 hour trip with nothing but my favorite music – all hard & fast. To paraphrase Ted Nugent: “These ears refuse to listen to sweet shit!”
Had an electrician come over to quote on getting the houses electric panel brought into the 21st century. I need to get certified as an electrician. I am clearly in the wrong end of the sparky business.
Lunch is over. Back to the zoo. I mean jungle.