Within 24 hours of release this time even, and I think I fixed the link & reference back to Lynn’s site. I hope.
1. How do you feel about “Gladiator” sandals, also called “Roman” or “Jesus” sandals? A fashion yea or nay?
Huge fashion nay. Maybe nay isn’t a strong enough word. NFW might be more appropriate.
2. What is your favorite pizza?
I like the Cheese, pepperoni, sausage, black olives and jalapeno from Good Guys Pizzeria in Chili Center.
I also like a Ham & pineapple pizza from anywhere.
3. There are plans in the works to sell roughly 1,000 items from Star Trek: The Experience in Las Vegas. This means you could buy Picard’s chair for your family room. If not a Star Trek item, what prop, background, set, etc. from what TV or movie would you buy if you could?
[Ex: Hurley’s “I Love my Shih tzu” shirt from LOST, the plantation home “Tara” from Gone With the Wind, or Tracy’s tambourine from the Partridge Family.]
Any of James Bonds cars. I’m using YOUR money, right?
4. Name a local food or restaurant that your area is famous for.
White Hot Dogs. Very peculiar to this area. Made with more pork, a touch more garlic. They really are white. The best are Zweigle’s Pop open
White Hots. Damn good!
Here’s a great article on Rochester
5. What is your current favorite snack?
Been snacking on oranges quite a bit lately.
6. Hypothetical: You are required to be a reality show contestant. Which show would you choose based on your probability of success? (You cannot choose “none.”)
A. Dancing with the Stars
B. Biggest Loser
I think I could actually go pretty far in DWTS, but I am not a regular fan of the show.
I’d love to do Survivor. I’d be the older male of the tribe. They always start with a 50-ish male, right? I think I’d surprise them in the physical challenges. I dislike the middle school cliquey-ness, but maybe it’s edited to be that way? Having to subsist on bananas would be a huge problem too, but I’d still like to give it a go.
7. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being uninhabitable and 10 being cleanliness that meets the standards of OCD, how clean is your vehicle’s interior?
It’s about a 8. Could use a little vacuuming, but it’s actually pretty neat.
8. It doesn’t feel like Spring until the forsythia’s bloom.
Forsythia in bloom. Not one of mine, but not a lot different.
9. Something that made you laugh really hard recently is ____.
I have been seriously lacking in the laugh department.
10. Tell me about a goal you’re working toward.
Getting out of the way of Cindy’s recovery. Whether she makes it, or not.
Keeping my own recovery going, whether she makes it, or not.
11. Share a thought-provoking or inspiring quote this week.
I am my own worst enemy.
12. Name one thing that you do as a parent that you absolutely know will make your kids happy. If you’re not a parent, feel free to substitute “friend” or nomenclature that works for you.
When they were younger (like 20 years ago) reading them a book or four at bedtime was a sure crowd pleaser. Now as adults, I think they just appreciate being heard and being validated.
On to real life stuff. Last night before Cindy’s trip. She was well on her way to tipsy when I got home. I have had very little to say to her all night. Now I just need to get her to the airport in the morning. Then it’s 12 days of actually being free of thinking about it.
The bad news? Finished taxes. Won’t be getting a refund this year. Glad I waited.
Off to bed. Have a delivery to make in the morning.