1. How do you feel about the marshmallow Easter Peeps?
Eew. Didn’t like them as a kid, don’t like ‘em now.
2. Chickens are notoriously nervous creatures. When you are nervous, what is the best way to calm down?
Diversion or immersion, depends on what I’m nervous about.
3. People say, “April showers bring May flowers.” Do you enjoy Spring rains?
Only when they occur at night or other non-bike riding times.
4. When I was randomly flipping through TV channels this week, I saw a show in which tattoo parlor employees received tattoos of a co-worker’s face on their bodies. I can’t imagine having a portrait of a colleague tattooed on me. But if someone forced you to receive a portrait tattoo (face only) of anyone, who would it be? Why?
One I got over the whole “forced you to receive a portrait tattoo” (because I will NOT be forced), I thought I could tolerate getting my kids faces done someplace. Bicep, calf, back – someplace like that.
(An alternative would be to have George W Bush tattooed in my pubic area, so my, well, you get the idea)
5. Would you rather have a tattoo (any kind) or a nose ring?
A tat is easier to conceal, although I have zero desire to do either to my own body.
6. Do you have any special plans for Easter?
Painting Eric’s former bedroom and getting it ready for the invasion next month. Might eat a rabbit. Not a chocolate one.
7. Cadbury Eggs or Reese Eggs?
Reese’s all the way. Did I ever mention I luuuuuuuuve peanuts and peanut butter?
8. What was the last thing/person you took a picture of?
My handwriting for that meme thing last week.
9. What book are you reading now, or what was the last one?
Just started “Teach yourself Java in 21 days”
10. What do you think is the most difficult task when it comes to Spring cleaning?
Windows used to be a pain, but I’ve replaced most of the old double hung style with storm windows with newer, more energy friendly double glazed, argon filled, easy to clean tilt in units.
Now I’d have to say yard clean up is the nastiest. Have to rake the whole yard, re-rake all the gardens to get the stray leaves out (again) and get the pond cleaned up & fit for the fishies.
11. How many pairs of flip-flops do you own?
One. I rarely, if ever wear them. Most of what I do outdoors is not flip-flop friendly.
12. Which color makes you happiest?
This time of year? Green. Green grass, green leaves – it’s been so gray & brown & dreary around here since Thanksgiving, a little green would be very welcome.
Had a decent counseling session tonight. The couples’ portion was short but productive. Slowly coming to grips with how my low grade obsession with Cindy’s drinking/not drinking/behavior has handicapped my own progress.
Added to that, I find myself still waiting for some sort of sincere acknowledgement from Cindy of just how difficult she made things and an acceptance of responsibility for her part in our little descent into discord.
I have a feeling I may never live to hear those words. So, next up will be coming to terms with that and getting over any resentment stemming from it. Burying the resentment won’t do. I’m going to have to look at all the different facets of it, find what I’m responsible for and resolve those issues. Provided I live that long.
Bowling Thursday. Can’t wait. Warm weather coming this way in time for the weekend. I can already feel the bike seat under my – seat.