The Random (Dozen) part:
1. What is your favorite sign of Spring?
The blooming Forsythia bushes. That’s the “no turning back” point.
2. Did you remember to spring forward on March 14? If not, how did it impact your day?
I did. Makes little impact either way. Sunday mornings are so non-commital around here, nothing is really required.
3. If soil, time, talent and climate were no problem, what vegetable would you plant in a garden this year?
Habaneros. For drying in the smoker
4. If soil, time, talent and climate were no problem, what fruit would you plant?
Ginger Gold apples.
5. What is your least favorite insect?
Those little white moths that seemingly flit around everywhere. Still haven’t isolated the source(s) of the damn things. The spider that bit me and was the catalyst for getting a hunk of my leg carved out? An arachnid, hence immune from this particular (dis)honor
6. March 22 was World Water Day. To celebrate, here are some water questions. Do you drink bottled water? If so, what brand?
I drink tap water in a polycarbonate bottle.
7. Have you ever been somewhere that it was not safe to drink the local water? If so, how did you handle that?
Camping. Beer is a fine substitute once breakfast is over.
8. How many glasses of water do you drink per day?
No where near enough
9. March 24 is the birthday of Harry Houdini. Have you ever watched a professional magic show? Share.
In person, no. On TV countless times. I am amazed by David Blaine’s “illusions”.
10. Have you ever been a participant in a professional magic show (up on stage!)?
11. March 24 is also the birthday of Steve McQueen and Clyde Barrow. Do you like Westerns or gangster movies? If so, what is your favorite?
Gansgter Movies – The Untouchables. Westerns – eh, Young Guns or the Unforgiven.
12. (Really random) What U.S. state that you’ve never visited would you like to visit someday?
No question – Alaska
The revelation part:
4+ years of Al Anon and I finally realized I am my own worst enemy. Time to let go a little bit (ok – a lot) & work harder on me.
Just saw that part of the new Health are Reform bill is mandating that chain restaurants with over 20 locations include calorie information on all menu items. About time! I think that allowing people to make informed decisions will actually start to force restaurants to change their menus and offer healthier (lower fat content) choices.
3 weeks of bowling left. I’m bummed.