1. On a scale of 1-10, how superstitious are you, honestly?
Since the scale only allows numbers as low as 1, that’s where I’ll rate myself. As an aside, I’ll add that I believe it (superstition) to be a bunch of old-wives tale style bunk.
2. Julius Caesar is quoted as saying, “I came, I saw, I conquered.” Which circumstance or experience of yours does this saying best describe?
The bike ride that sets a new personal best for either speed or distance.
3. If I peeked in on your day like a mischievous little leprechaun, at what time would I most likely find you blogging?
I tend to type most of my drive during lunch. Later in the day, at home, I’ll edit and/or add a bit and post from home. Big Brother has a thing about the WP application.
4. Re springing forward for Daylight Saving Time, is there anything you’ve ever been really early or really late for?
Church once. When we went – before the kids started playing hockey back in the 90’s.
5. What are you most looking forward to concerning Spring?
Running outside. Biking outside. Working outside. Late nite romps on the porch.
6. Shamrocks are the national flower of Ireland and are picked on St. Patrick’s Day and worn on the lapel or shoulder. Do you wear green on St. Patty’s Day?
I wore blue jeans with a red, black & white plaid shirt. That is representative of how much Irish I have in me. And no, the plaid wasn’t a clan colors type of thing. Far as I know, Germans don’t do that.
7. One of Caesar’s assassins, Casca, said, “But, for my own part, it was Greek to me,” which of course means he didn’t understand something. Probably his own lines in the play. Anyway, what is something that is “Greek to you,” something incomprehensible or indecipherable?
I was going to use a lot of words to craft a politically correct response for this:
How a woman’s mind works.
But I had to give up. Being a guy, my mind is very linear. Yes, I can manage several tasks at once, tolerate interruptions and even allow for a creative burst every now & then. But once engaged, my mind travel in a fairly straight line. I don’t get the zigs & zags, the leaps or lapses or logic. Oddly enough, I’m having little difficulty following the “Lost” story line. I think.
8. Is March behaving more like a lion or a lamb where you live?
Lamb today. We’ve had a VERY mild week with temps in the 50’s an 60’s. I’m planning a couple OUTDOOR bike rides this weekend. I hear all hell is going to break loose Sunday night & Monday and we will be slammed from the 60’s into the 20’s in very short order. Gotta love Spring in the northeast.
9. “An extra yawn one morning in the springtime, an extra snooze one night in the autumn is all that we ask in return for dazzling gifts. We borrow an hour one night in April; we pay it back with golden interest five months later.” -Winston Churchill. If you had one extra hour per day every day, what would you do with it?
I’d use that extra hour for exercise or sex. Wait. A whole hour for sex? Who am I kidding? Bet I could use 45 of those minutes for sleeping. (Then there’s that whole who’s the partner going to be issue . . .)
10. Legend says that every Leprechaun has a pot of gold hidden deep in the Irish countryside. Aside from real gold or money, what material item would be in your dream pot of gold?
A letter from my mortgage lender stamped “Paid in Full”. Only 13 years to go.
11. “The best things are nearest: breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of God just before you.” Robert Louis Stevenson. Look around you right now and tell us about something essential or beautiful very near you that you take for granted every day.
In my office at work? It’s gotta be the exit door.
12. Just for a bit o’ fun, click here (www.blogthings.com/irishnamegenerator/) and then report your Irish name.
Your Irish Name Is: Fursey Sheridan
“What butter or whiskey does not cure cannot be cured.”
Hmmmm – might have a bone to pick with that tidbit of wisdom at the end there.
Bracket news – I lost 3 of the first 4 games that finished this afternoon. Picked an upset that didn’t pan out, lost on another upset (luck o’ the Irish my ass!) and missed one other one I didn’t even pay attention to. Guess my million dollar bracket buster is busted.