This is getting to be a habit . . .
Another week gone by. Where is it going? 16 days till the kids are hitched. Still have favors to do. We need to get hopping on those things.
Until I have a minute or three to actually put together a coherent entry, you get this that I stole from geekbetty (http://bettythegeek.wordpress.com/)
who stole it from hil. Why don’t y’all let me know what your answers are?
The Proust Questionnaire has its origins in a parlor game popularized (though not devised) by Marcel Proust, the French essayist and novelist, who believed that, in answering these questions, an individual reveals his or her true nature. Here is the basic Proust Questionnaire.
- A lack of drama, real and imagined, would also be nice.
- We will be talking about this later tonight.
- What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? I’ll get to this later!
- What is the trait you most deplore in others? Lack of consideration for other people.
- (It’s a cop out – sue me!)
6. What is your greatest extravagance? House and all we’ve done with it.
- Just zero time to do nothing.
- Unless dealing with kids.
- Sometimes to a fault.
10. What do you most dislike about your appearance? Teeth. Should have had braces as a kid, but we weren’t exactly flush with cash back then.
11. Which living person do you most despise? I am really tempted to saw George W, but despise is a bit strong. Instead, how about any dictator ruling for his own benefit?
12. What is the quality you most like in a man? Confidence tempered with humility.
What is the quality you most like in a woman? See above.
13. Which words or phrases do you most overuse? I’m not aware of any annoying overuse. I do kinda favor Fahrvergnügen as a catch all expletive in a fun sort of way.
14. What or who is the greatest love of your life? Was a time I’d say Cindy without a doubt. Working on that. The kids are next in the line of succession.
15. When and where were you happiest? Gah. There are lots of times I am happy in the moment. For an overall sense of out and out giddiness – probably after the birth of each of the boys.
16. Which talent would you most like to have? To be able to see the truth in things and be able to get others to see it too.
17. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I would be less afraid of failure. I would like to feel free to just try without fearing the potential repercussions.
18. What do you consider your greatest achievement? My boys.
19. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be? Myself, with access to all I learned the previous time through.
20. Where would you most like to live? PNW
21. What is your most treasured possession? This is a thought provoking question. There are so many things I have that I could do without, other things I rarely use that would be essential in a survival mode. In the end, I think my sanity could well be my most treasured possession.
22. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? So far, the aftermath in losing a loved parent.
23. What is your favorite occupation? Forest Ranger. Not that I’ve been one, more like I want to be one. When I grow up.
24. What is your most marked characteristic? Unbridled optimism. Everything can be fixed, everything can get better, nothing will suck forever.
25. What do you most value in your friends? Not being judgmental – accepting me, warts & all.
26. Who are your favorite writers? Stephen R. Donaldson, Isaac Asimov, Harlan Ellison, Ray Bradbury, Jean Auel, Anne McCaffery for a bit till she got all carried away.
27. Who is your hero of fiction? Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever from Donaldson’s “Chronicles”.
28. Which historical figure do you most identify with? History? Learn from it? Such a novel concept!
29. Who are your heroes in real life? Firefighters, police, social workers
30. What are your favorite names? Isaac, Emily. Cindy wouldn’t go for either.
31. What is it that you most dislike? Melon, any kind, any time.
32. What is your greatest regret? Taking so long to learn to set & defend my boundaries
33. How would you like to die? Not at all? If not, then suddenly, in my sleep, with no prior illness.
34. What is your motto? No matter where you go, there you are!